Brooke Bayer writes in Business 2 Community, “Developing an email marketing plan is a great tool to not only nurture your customers through the customer journey and to stay top of mind, but also a great tool for maximizing sales and customer loyalty. This tactic is used to build on that existing relationship and providing valuable information. Email marketing also allows you to target a specific audience, which is known as segmentation, based on your customer personas. The audience segments allow you to send the right content, at the right time, to the right people.
Why You Should Use Email Marketing (HubSpot, 2018):
- Build Relationships – email marketing is a great way to build connections while delivering personalized content
- Brand Awareness – When people receive an email from you, you will be top of mind and will be the first call they make when they are ready to move forward
- Content promotion – people spend hours in their emails on a daily basis, which makes this a great outlet to share your most recent blogs, webinars, podcasts, etc.
- Lead Generation – offering valuable content on your website will entice prospects to provide their information in exchange for the value add
- Product Marketing – email marketing is a great way (and easy way) to promote your products and services right to your prospects
- Lead nurturing – emails allow you the opportunity to nurture your contacts through the customer journey as you provide them with the right content, at the right time
However, a solid email marketing plan is not just segmenting lists and sending out a monthly newsletter – there is more to it than just that…”